Committees of the Council of Christ’s Hospital
Audit & Risk Committee
The Audit and Risk Committee assists the Council and members of the Senior Management Team to:
- establish and maintain effective accounting and internal control systems, including systems to ensure the effective management of business risk;
- provide assurance to the Council that appropriate governance arrangements are in place;
- oversee the preparation of the Annual Report and Financial Statements;
The Committee also appoints and reviews the performance of the external auditors.
The Campaign Board provides guidance on the vison and strategic priorities for the fundraising Campaign for Christ’s Hospital and oversees the on-going fundraising activities of Christ’s Hospital.
The Education Committee ensures that all matters relating to the education, safety and welfare of the pupils at Christ’s Hospital School are determined, monitored and controlled in an effective fashion.
Finance and General Purposes Committee (F&GP)
The F&GP Committee:
- takes responsibility for the overall financial management of Christ’s Hospital (including oversight of the School, the Foundation and linked charities, BCS, CHEL and CHCL);
- ensures that Christ’s Hospital’s land and buildings are fit for purpose for the benefit of pupils, staff and visitors;
- oversees compliance with appropriate Health and Safety legislation.
The Heritage Committee advises on and implements strategy and policy in relation to the collection, conservation and celebration of the heritage of Christ’s Hospital.
The Investment Committee is responsible for investment policies, risk parameters and strategy relating to the management of the investments of Christ’s Hospital, including those held by Christ’s Hospital Foundation, the Christ’s Hospital Common Investment Fund, the Charities of John and Frances West for Pensioners and other linked charities.
Nominations and Remuneration Committee
The Nominations and Remuneration Committee ensures that the membership of the Council is sufficient and appropriate to its needs and to make recommendations on the pay and conditions of the Headmaster, the Chief Operating Officer and the School’s Senior Management Team.