Interim Engagement Manager
We are seeking to appoint an interim Engagement Manager to cover a period of maternity leave. We are the UK’s leading charitable school and largest bursary charity. Through the delivery of first-class education and exceptional support, we provide each pupil with stability and the opportunity to thrive and fulfil their potential.
Our mission is to challenge inequality through transformative boarding education, and we have unrivalled expertise in supporting young people from disadvantaged backgrounds. Uniquely for an independent school, some 90% of our pupil intake comes from state schools and over 52% of pupils are from BAME backgrounds.
In post, you will work to increase sustainable income through an annual appeals and stewardship programme; working to increase engagement by alumni (Old Blues), Parents, Pupils and other constituents through a comprehensive supporter and prospect communications programme.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Manage the mail and digital appeals programme for alumni, parents and other supporters.
- Manage the stewardship programme for all regular and cash supporters, including case study development/communication and production of stewardship newsletters.
- Undertake analysis of constituent participation, response levels and affinity and make recommendations for changes to Development activity and messaging.
- Add value to the donor file through donor development activity and the re-engagement of lapsed donors
- Produce the twice-yearly Old Blue magazine for alumni and parents, as well as the annual impact report
- Manage a range of social media platforms, generating content to drive engagement levels, and contribute to the management of the Development web pages.
- Manage the pupil engagement programme, working closely with the pupil Development volunteers.
You will have previous experience of individual giving, digital fundraising, or consumer marketing; all the better if this has been in the education field. You will be creating, marketing, and managing new products for a consumer market; you will be confident in undertaking data analysis, working to inform future strategy.
Location: Christ’s Hospital, Horsham; there is an allowance for flexible working (with core hours) with a hybrid mix of home and office-based working.
This is a temporary post for up to one year to cover the maternity leave of the current post holder. As is the nature of maternity cover the post may end sooner.
We are working in partnership with Charity People for this position only. To apply, please go to https://charitypeople.co.uk/job/interim-engagement-manager-3943/ before the closing date, 22nd October 2021. All enquires should be directed to Charity People.
Christ’s Hospital is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful applicants are required to complete an enhanced disclosure application with the DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service). More details on the disclosure process can be found on www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
Christ’s Hospital is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Registered Charity No. 1120090.