Christ’s Hospital School Library is stunningly positioned on the top floor of the new Language and Resource Centre (LARC) facility, with superb views over the school’s grounds on all sides. It houses the school’s main lending collection of printed resources to support reading and learning. New acquisitions can be suggested at any time by pupils and staff.
All pupils in each of their first 4 years enjoy one dedicated reading period per week, and are supported and encouraged to foster a reading habit. Literacy is promoted as a key foundation for all learning. All resources are searchable school-wide on the VLE. We use a biometric RFID self-service system and security gates.
Facilities and Use
The Main Library offers the following facilities:
- Over 5000 Fiction books and 13,000 Non-Fiction books
- 8 PCs and a Wifi network for use with personal devices
- 30 journals
- Access to a range of high-quality academic online databases
- Inter-Library loan facility for specialist materials
- Study seating for 80 and casual seating for 48
Library Office Telephone: 01403 247473
Library staff team email: Library@christs-hospital.org.uk
We aim to
1. Provide a challenging environment that stimulates a lively, enquiring mind and an interest in reading;
2. Encourage independent learning and co-operative endeavour;
3. Deliver a progressive programme of transferable information skills;
4. Support teaching methods, class and individual needs with carefully selected stock ;
5. Offer resources that contribute towards pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.